Policy on the Collection and Use of Personal Data for Promotion Purposes
The Society for the Promotion of Hospice Care undertakes to comply with the requirements of the Personal Date (Privacy) Ordinance to ensure that personal data kept are accurate and securely kept. To ensure you are well informed of the personal data as collected, please read through the following policy.
1. Purpose of Collection and Guideline for Use of Personal Data
- The Society for the Promotion of Hospice Care will use personal data collected from data subject for the purposes for which it was collected.
- To provide personal data to The Society for the Promotion of Hospice Care is made on a voluntary basis. However, if you do not provide sufficient personal data, we may not be able to process application or provide the requested service to you.
- The Society for the Promotion of Hospice Care may use your personal data (name, telephone number, fax number, email and mailing addresses) in the future for the purposes of providing you with information of The Society for the Promotion of Hospice Care, fundraising appeal, invitation to activities as well as for collection of feedback and related promotion purposes.
- Upon your request at any time, we will cease to use your personal data for promotion purposes.
2. Access to and Correction of Personal Data and Request for cessation of using Personal Data for Promotion Purposes
Apart from the exemptions provided under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you are entitled to access and correct your personal data held by The Society for the Promotion of Hospice Care, and request for the cessation of us using your personal data for promotion purposes. However, it will not include the personal data already deleted after the achievement of the purpose. To do so, please send a written request to the following:
Name: The Society for the Promotion of Hospice Care
Address: Jockey Club Home for Hospice, No 18, A Kung Kok Shan Road, Shatin, New Territories, for the attention of the Communication Department
Tel: 2331 7000
Fax: 2336 2776