Advanced Practice Nurse
- To lead a nursing team in the provision of high quality patient and family-centered service to patients with incurable illnesses.
- To carry continuing responsibility for the front line management of the unit.
- To collaborate with other health care teams to promote high quality services.
- To maintain proper and efficient usage of all resources.
- To promote the concept and image of palliative care and hospice nursing to other health care disciplines and public.
- Working experience in palliative care and hospice nursing is preferable.
- Report to: Nurse Consultant
- Holder of a valid registered nurse practicing certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Hong Kong
- Ability to plan, implement and monitor quality assurance programs & nursing audits.
- Relevant nursing and management experience for not less than 3 years
- Candidate with specialty training in palliative and hospice care is preferable.
- To participate in the activities to promote the concept and image of hospice nursing to other health care disciplines & public.
- To plan, organize and perform holistic patient & family care and clinical supervision.
- To ensure smooth operation and provision of high quality palliative nursing care.
- To ensure JCHH / SPHC policies are properly observed and complied.
- To ensure confidentiality and adhere to Privacy Ordinance.
- To participant in planning, implementation and monitoring of quality assurance programs & nursing audits.
- To participate in mentoring, training, education and research.
- To update relevant professional knowledge and nursing practice.
- To undertake on-call duty, shift and night duties as service needed.
- To provide inputs in nursing policy, and departmental policies review / initiatives.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of the unit activities.
- To provide inputs in planning, forecasting, ordering and managing inventory items.
- To monitor the maintenance and proper usage of all resources.
- To deal with complaint or difficult circumstances arise from patients and families.
- To deal with grievances, counsel and discipline staff when necessary.