At the Jockey Club Home for Hospice (JCHH), we strive to ensure that no patient is deprived of quality hospice and palliative care. Thanks to the generosity of the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust and the community for their donations and support, our patients and their families can apply for various financial subsidies, including "The Jockey Club In-patient Hospice Care Subsidy Program". Our social workers will assess the eligibility of each application with due consideration to the households’ financial condition.
- Must be residing in Hong Kong as a permanent resident and under the care of the JCHH team
- Must have at least one family member or significant other who agrees to provide support in his/her end-of-life care, and to work closely with our case manager
- Must have completed the JCHH family financial assessment with recommendation by a social worker; supporting documents will be required as proof of eligibility
Household Financial Requirements
Patients must fulfill the criteria below to be considered for financial subsidies.
- Total monthly household income must not exceed 150% of Median Monthly Domestic Household Income (MMDHI)*
- Total value of household assets must not exceed HK$1,000,000**
- * Median Monthly Domestic Household Income (MMDHI) refers to the average household income (in HKD) within the past 12 months. Household income includes, but not limited to, salary, pension, regular financial contributions from relatives and/or friends not under the same household, income generated from assets and/or properties, other forms of regular income/compensation, and Social Secruity Allowance (SSA).
- ** Assets refer to the household’s total net asset value (in HKD) excluding the property in which the patient resides
- For the latest figure of MMDHI, please see "General Household Survey, Census and Statistics Department, HKSAR Government"
- JCHH reserves the right to the final decision on any and all applications
Support our patients