At the Jockey Club Home for Hospice (JCHH), we strive to ensure that no patient is deprived of quality hospice and palliative care. Thanks to the generosity of the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust and the community for their donations and support, our patients and their families can apply for various financial subsidies, including "The Jockey Club In-patient Hospice Care Subsidy Program". Our social workers will assess the eligibility of each application with due consideration to the households’ financial condition.
- Must be residing in Hong Kong as a permanent resident and under the care of the JCHH team
- Must have at least one family member or significant other who agrees to provide support in his/her end-of-life care, and to work closely with our case manager
- Must have completed the JCHH family financial assessment with recommendation by the social worker of JCHH. Supporting documents will be required as proof of eligibility
Household Financial Requirements
Patients must fulfill the criteria below to be considered for financial subsidies.
- The household monthly income and total assets of applicant must not exceed the limit of Public Rental Housing application (applicable to Normal Application); or
- Applicant lives alone or with spouse only. Both applicant and spouse are receiving Old Age Living Allowance (OALA) from Social Welfare Department (applicable to Easy Application); or
- Applicant receives Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) from Social Welfare Department (applicable to Easy Application).
- Total monthly income of household refers to the average household income (in HKD) within the past 6 months. Household income includes, but not limited to, salary, pension, regular financial contributions from relatives and/or friends not under the same household, income generated from assets and/or properties, other forms of regular income/compensation, and Social Security Allowance (SSA).
- Total Assets Value of the Household refers to the household’s total asset value (in HKD) excluding the property in which the patient resides.
- For the prevailing limits of Public Rental Housing application, please refer to Hong Kong Housing Authority website https://www.housingauthority.gov.hk/.
- JCHH reserves the right to the final decision on any and all applications
Support our patients